New Ireland Assurance is a leading life assurance company providing pensions, investment and life assurance solutions with over €12bn in funds under management and 500,000 customer contracts.
Pensions, investments and protection are not ‘top of mind’ for most people, and yet, ask someone who loses their income through illness, or are approaching retirement without sufficient savings and we see how critical they are.
The challenge to Continuum was to make a new website easier and more tailored for visitors to navigate pensions, investments and help customers when they really need it most in a clear and understanding way. Developed on the Sitefinity platform, the site also needed to integrate fully with 3rd party pension tracker software Money Mate for charting and tracking functionality.
The new created website needed to appeal to many audiences including:
- Retaining current customers looking for fund performance information
- Help potential customers identify the need for its products depending on their life stage
- Generate meetings for brokers and direct sales force and
- Show potential buyers of the company that New Ireland have innovative market leading performing products that help protect customers in volatile markets
As our designers ran workshops with the New Ireland marketing team to create the new look, feel and information architecture, our copywriter worked internally in New Ireland to interview staff and customers to identify the appropriate audiences, tone and how best to handhold each customer type through the process of identifying and acquiring New Ireland products depending on their life stage.
The end result included innovative features such as;
Visit the site
- Access to content that in the past was only available through advisors. The site is integrated with Moneymate data centre to provide up to date fund factsheets for all investment funds. More sophisticated investors (or professional advisors) can graph performance compared to world indices etc.
- Access to information no matter what level of visitor sophistication by ‘I am..’ device which allows visitors to search via life stage or life event ‘e.g. new parent’ or by traditional segmentation strategies by product, age etc.
- ‘Online TV’ provides visibility of key advisors (fund managers) and provides a visual channel for the advice.